CITY OF LAWRENCEBURG SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
It is the policy of the City of Lawrenceburg that every employee is entitled to work under the safest conditions possible. Every reasonable effort will be made to promote accident prevention for protection and health preservation.
The objective of the Safety Program is prevention of accidents. An accident is any unplanned and unintended event that disrupts the orderly process of performing work. All accidents, by this definition, result in loss due to job disruption and often involves additional losses due to personal injury, equipment damage, property or material damage, or a combination of one or more of these factors. When an accident occurs, chance is largely the determining factor as to degree of loss. Therefore, prevention of ALL accidents must be the objective of any safety effort rather than only those where the potential for serious loss is most apparent.
Effectiveness of the Accident Prevention Program will depend upon the communication, participation, and cooperation of all management, supervision, and employees, in carrying out the following basic procedures:
- Planning all work to minimize personal injury, property damage, and loss of productive time.
- Maintain a system for promptly detecting and correcting unsafe practices and conditions.
- Make available and enforce the use of personal protective equipment and mechanical guards.
- Maintain an effective system of equipment and tool inspection and maintenance.
- Investigate all accidents, determine cause and take the necessary corrective action.
- Establish an educational program to maintain interest and cooperation of all levels of employment.
- Compliance with applicable local, State, and Federal rules and regulations.